Monday, November 1, 2010

Analysis of my favourite titles.

We were fully aware that we needed to make opening titles as a part of our OCR requirement. The first video that came to my mind when I thought of opening titles was this one.  I always press the forward button to skip ahead of opening titles whenever I am watching a movie on DVD at home. The only time I actually read each and every credit and enjoyed the sequence was when I watched the closing titles of this Bollywood movie "Main hoon na"

 
Although this clip shows closing titles, I feel that it is a good idea to do something like this for our own opening titles. It would create a very good impression of the movie even before the audience watched it.
The mise en scene of these credits is set in a carnival/playground kind of environment with rides and games and every body is busy having fun. The names do not appear as graphic text on the video as is usually the case with Opening/closing titles, instead each crew/cast member has his name handwritten somewhere on the set and each staffer is highlighted by the camera as we are introduced to their names. There is a pleasant song playing in the background which delivers the message of a happy environment.
I recommend everyone to at least have a look at this song and I am sure my other teammates will also lean toward doing our opening titles in a similar light, joyful mood . The English translation of the lyrics of this song is as follows:

No comments:

Post a Comment